10/15/12

It definitely wasn't a coincidence

I don't believe in chance. Everything happens for a reason. A year ago in August, a shy darling freshman girl didn't just happen to randomly sit by me. It was definitely divinely inspired for me to meet my best friend in a math class filled with 25 other girls going to Utah State all in the same boat.
 
Kim and i connected from day one. Ya it might have been an awkward slow moving relationship, but from day one i was comfortable with her and i really liked her. Kim was so sweet. We started just with small talk, asking each other about our days, family, roommates. Just the little things to get to know one another. Soon enough it turned into ranting about our problems and venting to one another. We realized we about had every single class together and so we sat by each other in all of those classes too. We then went on to sign up for every single class together the next semester since we were going into the exact same thing. Like i said, it didn't happen by chance. We slowly became the best of friends, completely comfortable. I missed her like crazy over the summer not being able to see her every day.
 
This year we vowed to hang out outside of school since it never happened last year. We now spend about 5 or 6 days a week together hanging out at night. Yep shes the best friend a girl could ask for. She is beautiful, so selfless always thinking about others, so smart, and she makes me a better person every day. I sure love that girl tons. What would i do without her?
 
Kim and i have had a pretty great couple of weeks. Full of adventure and spontaneity. One night we were working on homework and Kim randomly wanted to go to Old Main hill because some people in her ward were having a chocolate slip and slide. I wasn't 100% thrilled about this plan but it was so much fun. It was freezing and we were disgusting but it was so worth it. I even ended up ramming into Kims behind on my way down and doing some weird flip over the top of her. We both were laughing so hard that we legimitatly peed our pants! Thank heavens it was dark and we were covered from head to toe in chocolate, water, and soap so no one could tell!
 
 


 
After we showered off Kim and i headed to Preston, Idaho so i could buy my first ever lottery ticket and cross that off of my bucket list! We weren't winners but it was a well worth it trip!
 
 
 

 
Kim invited me to go home with me over conference weekend! I fell in love with her family and didn't want to leave. We were in the car for 5 1/2 hours on the way to Pleasant Grove Utah since the BYU vs. USU game was happening that night so traffic was insane! We got to go to the game and had a blast! To bad USU lost 3 to 6 but im still an Aggie!!


Her little sister is adorable, she kinda made me miss my little sister horribly bad! It was so fun to spend time with her!


 
Kim introduced me to Kneaders where i fell in love. They have the best french toast i have EVER had. We went on a walk and mostly just hung out and saw the sights. Sunday we watched conference and then went on a drive to visit her grandparents. The canyon drive was beautiful and her family was all so cute and welcoming i felt right at home! It definitely was a great trip!
 
Our class on Monday morning had been canceled so we decided to just sleep in Monday morning and be back for our 1:00 class. That night we started to fill a little guilty since we did have institute at 10:30 (or so we thought) in the morning and so we decided that we probably should try and make it back for institute. Everyone was going to be talking about conference and we wanted to hear what our teacher had to say about the mission age change, girls at 19 and boys at 18. We packed up a little and set our alarms for 6:00 so we could be back in time. Well like normal college students, we slept through our alarms and i finally woke up when my dad called me that morning for family sripture study which i get to be a part of via phone call. At 7:15 when we were finished i work Kim up and we rushed to get ready and out the door by 7:45. We made it, maybe not looking so great, but oh well. When we got to Logan we hurried grabbed our scriptures and walked up the hill to class. Walking into our normal institute class Kim turns to me and says, "Does there seem to be lots of new people in class today?" Looking around i didn't notice anyone and i began to panic. I looked at the clock and realized that instead of class starting at 10:30 it ended at 10:30!! We had gotten to class an hour late. We were laughing so hard we had to run out of class, so embarrassed that we had totally forgotten what time our class was! We are such dorks but i sure do love her!!


 
I have a bucket list that i have been trying to cross as many things as possible off as i can. One of the things on my list it to go to a concert. I have been to little ones at the Cassia County Fair but i wanted to experience something bigger! For my birthday i got tickets to the Carrie Underwood concert and was so excited! I invited Kim to go with me and we had a blast!! West Valley where the Maverik Center was, was a little bit skechy! We left super early so we could shop before, but the mall didn't have too many great stores and we were a little bit scared. Some car got mad at me that i was driving the wrong way and all Kim could do was laugh. I thought they were going to shoot us. I needed to turn around and go go back the other way so i turned down a street which was actually a really busy highway! I was freaking out but we got off somehow and made it to where we needed to safely. Kim made me try Zupas since i had never eaten their before and boy was it delicious. Their sandwitches and salads were to die for! The concert was fantastic! I loved it and didn't want it to end! My voice was gone after from singing so much but i didn't care! It was worth it. I got to see Bethanie, Adams sister, after since she was so close and that was super fun to see her. I miss her like crazy! We got back super late but it was a great night.
 


 
I got to see this cute girl at the concert! Love Bost so much and am so glad we are cousins so we are together forever! :] she is going to make the best missionary next summer, so proud of her!!


 
We were clearly pumped to be there!
 


 
Our cute new Carrie Underwood TShirts!







 
Hunter Hayes opened for Carrie Underwood and i absolutly love him! Hes a cutie!!


 
I pretty much love this girl more than anything! I am so thankful she chose to sit down next to me in math last fall. What would i do without her!?
 


No comments:

Post a Comment