11/3/12

I'm a Scardy Cat

I HATE Halloween. 
It's probably the worst holiday ever invented.
I think we have had like three halloween parties in my ward this last month and i am just a wee bit burnt out.
Don't get me wrong, i loved getting to see my friends and spend time with them at the haunted house and we had a ton of fun peeing our pants and laughing the night away, but the scary stuff is not for me. 
Ya i love that everywhere you go there is always tons of free candy since its Halloween, but I'm also trying to diet and loose weight and that is not helping one bit.
But what i hate the most is all the scary creepy things that go along with halloween. And this year, it got to me pretty dang bad.

At the beginning of the week my crazy neighbor painted my nails for Halloween and let me just tell you, i was a real hit at school the next day. The kids i tutor were loving them and they couldn't get enough of looking at every single nail. Lets just say i felt like the cool kid for sure!


 Chrissy and i dressed up for Halloween as babies for FHE Monday night and when we walked in we found we weren't the only one with this grand idea.



Love my roommates! :]


I absolutely love my ward this year. Everyone is fantastic and i feel so at home here!


Good ole Josh showed up as Obama!


For school on Wednesday (Halloween) i got all ready for school and completely forgot what day it was. I had completely forgotten my cute Halloween sweater and so in between classes i ran home to change. This cute girl was a cupcake and i think shes the cutest dang cupcake i have ever seen! Sure love miss Karlie to pieces!!


These darling kids sent me some pictures from their fun parties at school! Id say they are some pretty good looking cave people!! 



Halloween night my roommates and i were feeling adventurous and wanted to watch a scary movie. The best we came up with was Monsters Inc. and by about 9:00 everyone was in bed. I didn't want to go to bed quite yet, i mean come on i wanted to celebrate this horrible holiday all night. I have no clue what i was thinking because this ended up being one of the worst nights of my life. I went to the neighbors and we watched a scary movie that gave me nightmares for two nights straight. I wasn't able to sleep and have been legitimately scared. I know that the spirit leaves in those situations and i felt completely lost without having that peaceful calming feeling. I was sick to my stomach and couldn't eat anything. I learned that i am no longer scary movie material and will steer clear from those from now on.

Thursday i had one of the worst days of my entire life. Nothing seemed to be going right and i can quite honestly say it started from that awful movie. I was about to burst into tears about seven times that day so i decided i needed a little therapy to help calm my nerves and settle me down. I settled on a run to the temple and that was just the trick. Running helped me to just think and calm down and being on temple grounds is always such a spiritual experience. My day started to get better and with a little talking to and some ice cream from one of the best roommates and friends a girl could have i was a little less frightened and able to calm down. 

This is totally a great insentive to run and i thought it was absolutly beautiful. I couldn't help singing to my self, "I love to see the temple, I'll go inside someday." I know that some day ill be lucky enough to find some amazing guy to take me to my castle, this castle, so i am able to spend eternity with him. 


Seeing this beautiful lady today also helped a lot. She has no idea how much i appreciate her each and every day. The little texts and conversations and how she is always there even being two hours apart. It's hard, i hate to be away from her, but i do know this is where i need to be. She is my role model and my inspiration for life. Some day i hope to be half the woman my mother is. She calmed my nerves and knew exactly what i needed to hear today. She has the best advice and i am so thankful for her!


 We tried to take a picture after Ridge's game but we got photo bombed by this goober. Sure love them both so much!






After they left, i have some pretty amazing friends who took me to the temple to just walk the grounds and feel the sweet spirit that is felt there!


Some darling old lady tried really hard to get a good picture and this is the best we got!



It was a crazy rough week, but i know for certain that the gospel is true and that i am so thankful for it in my life. I have no idea where i would be without it. I have some amazing friends and family that i am so thankful for for helping me make it through a crazy week. Now i know to stay away from scary shows. I am way to old to handle them any more, so not worth the nightmares!!

1 comment:

  1. This is such a beautiful post Mel! I love you so much and I am sorry that you had such an awful week. Remember that I am always here for you. It breaks my heart that we never see each other anymore but you are still one of my very best friends in this whole world and I am so grateful for you and for your example to me. I love love love you. Hang in there! xo. p.s. you're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete